REPUBLIC OF GHANA MINISTRY OF RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT
GHANA RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SECTIONS OF THE WESTERN RAILWAY LINE
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE TENDERING (ICT)
The Ministry of Railway Development of the Republic of Ghana in collaboration with the Ghana Railway Development Authority intends to apply part of its budgetary allocation for payments under a contract for Transaction Advisory Services for the Development of Sections of the Western Railway Line.
The objective of the assignment is to review/update existing studies/reports on the Western Railway Line from Takoradi to Kumasi, including the branch line from Dunkwa to Awaso and also undertake a detailed feasibility studies, survey and mapping out the right of way for a greenfield extension of the line from Awaso through Nyinahin to Kumasi.
The assignment will be carried out in the following two (2) phases:
- Review and update existing studies on the Western Railway Line. The review will include, but not limited to, traffic demand forecasts, financial & economic analysis, legal review and environmental & safeguards studies etc. for the existing Western Railway Line from the Takoradi Port to Kumasi including the branch line from Dunkwa to Awaso.
- Undertake a detailed feasibility studies for a greenfield rail line from Awaso to link up a newly discovered bauxite deposit in Nyinahin and then from Nyinahin to Kumasi; survey/map out the right of way for the rail connectivity from Awaso through Nyinahin to Kumasi. The studies will include, but not limited, to traffic demand forecasts, financial & economic analysis, legal review and environmental & safeguards studies etc.
a) Assist Government to go through the various phases of the project development cycle and in line with applicable procurement laws to procure investor(s)/contractor(s) to develop sections of the Western Railway Line.
The Ministry of Railway Development now invites eligible Transaction Advisory firms (TAs) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested TAs should provide information demonstrating that they have the requisite qualifications, relevant experience and expertise to perform the Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
The shortlisting criteria are that all TAs responding to this Request for Expressions of Interest must have at least ten (10) years of relevant similar experience and technical capacity in providing Transaction Advisory Services for Transport Sector organizations across Africa.
TAs may associate with other firms in the form of a Joint Venture. Every submission must include significant Ghanaian participation.
The TA will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663), as amended and shall be based on the Quality and Cost Based (QCBS) selection method as set out in the Public Procurement Act.
Interested TAs may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours GMT, Monday through Friday:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. No.: +233 (0) 547 888 085
+233 (0) 244 618 923
Expressions of interests must be submitted in the following form:
- One (1) original copy clearly labeled “Expression of Interest Original”;
- Five (5) photocopies clearly labeled “Expression of Interest Photocopy”;
- One (1) soft copy in Portable Document Format (.pdf) on a USB Drive.
The Expressions of Interests (1 original set, 5 photocopies and 1 USB drive) must be placed in an envelope/box, sealed and appropriately addressed and marked as follows:
“Transaction Advisory Services for the Development of Sections of the
Western Railway Line” and addressed to:
THE CHIEF DIRECTOR MINISTRY OF RAILWAY DEVELOPMENT
P.O. BOX MB 453, MINISTRIES ACCRA, GHANA
DIGITAL ADDRESS: GA-110-2975
Expressions of Interests MUST BE HAND-DELIVERED to the address above by
15:00 hours GMT on Thursday, 25th November, 2021.